The new modern world is getting high tech and advanced day by day. The features and application of new gadgets are ambiguous. Thus, people get updated with a gadgets easily and fastly. Switching to new phone is simple but restoring its application and setting is bit handy.
How old mobile has numerous application and settings which cant be replaced. So, we have to switch all this application and settings to our new Android phone. Actually it’s an easy process, but need the step by step mechanism.
The initial step to do is;
Enable Android Backup Service
It is the most important step in the whole process. The backup is the essential way to save all the datas in a phone till date. Here is the way to start the backup:
- Open the settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Go to backup and reset. ( In every phone these backup reset option will be in different subfolder. Menu layout is different in every individual phone, please check it clearly)
- Select the backup option ( there will be various backup options according to the mobile like local backup, cloud backup and Google backup ) we can use these three backups according to our need.
- You can see that the data is being backed up.
Restore The Apps and Settings to a New Android Phone
This can be done by;
Via Google sign up
This is done soon after you start to operate the new phone. The layout of every phone in its initial mode is entirely different, but it can guide you easily to restore everything.
- The starting page will appear soon after the name of the mobile brand.
- Then it will ask you to connect to the Wi-Fi network automatically.
- After connecting to the Wi-Fi network sign up using your Google account.
- If we have already backup our old phone with this Google ID, they will ask you about copy data and restoring. Tap on it.
- On next screen you can see the restore option, select backup and restore.
- Select agree for Google terms and conditions.
- The complete list of application will be seen on the screen, tap all if you want to restore the complete data and settings from your previous device.
- All the application, settings anddata’swill be restored to your new phone easily.
Via cloud storage
This is other best option for the restoring apps and settings for the new phone. This is done after our phone is completely working. We have to backup everything to our cloud system before in our old phone. For this, we have to use the same brand of mobile which we used before. Nowadays every gadget brands have their own cloud system, in which we can store our data’s easily. Steps are;
- Go to the settings
- Scroll down, tap the accounts.
- Sign up with our previous cloud ID and password
- Once you login, we can see all the data’s, application and settings this screen.
- Just sort out the application and data we need or select all
- Soon everything will be restore to your new phone.
the phones above Android 6.0 have the ability to do all this process. The ways of steps, process and layout will be different for each mobile, but it can be done easily.
There are some more other options for this restoring. It can be done via PC and software. We can see many third party applications for this backup and restoring. But the main issue is that all of them can be trusted 100%. There may be hacking home Malvirus problem.
Bottom Line –
Google backup everything to the drive. Drive used by the backup system does not calculate your storage quota. Be cautious about our personal details like password and username in backup because backup is transferred from one device to another different device, Android itself not giving guarantee for security of your data while backup. Please don’t let the scare you away from using all these services, but be aware.